Friday, February 1, 2013

Born To Be A Winner

The Ticket In continues to evolve with a poem every Friday taken into Birch Community Services. The nice lady at the front desk has come to expect something from me. I have been blessed with some kind of gift that allows my creative juices to flow in abundance. It is so cool to see the radiant face after she reads these poems. Words do have power, it is just a matter of how we choose to use the words we have come to know and say.


It is important that we encourage one another, use words that inspire and motivate each other that produce and move us forward to extract a living from this earth in a worthy and valuable manner. There is yet so much to be done before the revelation occurs, roads to be smoothed, valleys to be filled, and repentant sinners calling and falling to a knee. There are still those that deny Christ and then there are those that don't even try to know Christ. If this planet was spoken into existence by God then why is it to hard to believe that God planted His Holy seed within a virgin to come out and walk this earth He created in the flesh? Some people believe in aliens, some people believe in other religious stuff too. Why deny prophecy? We still look to Nostradamus for prophetic answers. Why is the Bible any different other than it was written so long ago. It seems to me that when ever I read the Bible the words come alive to me and I am able to apply the promises spoken to my life by living out what it says in the Bible.

I am no preacher by any means and I am not so sure I would want to maintain and be recognized with such reproachable title. I however a Deacon at Lents Baptist and attend a Bible Study Fellowship class every week. Currently we are studying the book of Genesis. One thing I have learned is that I am so fortunate to have men such as Moses, King David and people like that who have revealed God to me through written word. I have always wondered what greater things Jesus was speaking about that we are to be doing. As far as I see it there is no greater thing than what He did for us at the cross.

Well I came into this world with nothing and I will be leaving with nothing. When I lay down for the eternal rest I will go knowing that I did my best. I may not have passed His test but I have certainly been blessed.

Until the next blog post for The Ticket In Keep your faith strong and alive, be confident in all you do because you were born a winner too.   

No comments:

Post a Comment